- The Caliburn G and A2 are both reliable pod systems by UWell. The Caliburn G is aimed more at MTL vaping, while the A2 also allows for restricted DTL vaping.
- The Caliburn G offers higher power, adjustable airflow, and a larger battery.
- The Caliburn A2 is lighter, charges faster, and has additional features designed to prevent leakage.
- You can purchase the Caliburn G or Caliburn A2 from U Vape. Contact us to learn more about either device or get a personalized recommendation from our team about which one will meet your needs best.
UWell Caliburn A2 vs. Caliburn G
UWell makes some of the most reliable pod systems on the market, but each of them performs differently. If you want to get the most out of your vaping experience, it’s absolutely critical that you do some research on UWell’s available devices so you can make an informed buying decision.
Two of UWell’s current most popular products are the Caliburn G and the Caliburn A2. Below, we’ll give you an in-depth comparison of these systems so you can find out which one will be best for your needs.
How We Compared the UWell Caliburn G & the Caliburn A2
For starters, it’s vital to note that the UWell Caliburn G and Caliburn A2 are very similar devices. They come from the same series, are of a similar size and weight, and incorporate many (but not all) of the same features. Both pod systems are excellent starter devices for users who have recently switched to vaping instead of smoking traditional tobacco products.
All that said, your preference between these devices will largely depend on how subtle details on each model are likely to impact your experience. For that reason, we took 10 key specs into account when comparing these two excellent pod systems:
- E-liquid capacity
- Compatible coils
- Activation type
- Battery capacity
- Charging port type
- Charge length
We’ve also supplied a list of pros and cons for each device. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at these pod systems.
UWell Caliburn G
The UWell Caliburn G is a slightly shorter, slightly more powerful (and expensive) pod system than the Caliburn A2. It is fillable from the top, button and draw activated, and charges using a USB-C cable.
Lightweight and slim, the Caliburn G has been a favourite device for users who prefer MTL vaping since it was released in 2019. Here’s how it stacked up according to our criteria:
- Price: $49.99 (starter kit)
- E-liquid Capacity: 1.6 ml
- Compatible With: Caliburn G cartridges
- Refillability: Refillable from top
- Activation Type: Button or draw activated
- Battery Capacity: 690 mAh
- Charging Port Type: USB-C
- Charge Length: Approx. 45 minutes (with supplied charger)
- Size: 108.3mm x 22.5mm x 12.6mm
- Weight: 60g
One of our favourite features on the Caliburn G is that it allows users to adjust the airflow. However, it should also be noted that some users have reported more leaking and accidental firing with the Caliburn G than with the A2.
Caliburn G Pros:
- Slightly higher output (18W)
- Slightly larger battery
- Airflow adjustable
- Lighter than the Caliburn A2
Caliburn G Cons:
- More expensive
- Possible leaking or accidental firing
UWell Caliburn A2
Like the Caliburn G, the Caliburn A2 is top-fillable, and offers both button and draw activation. It also charges via a USB-C cable and uses 1.8 ml pods.
However, these are not interchangeable pod systems. There are some notable differences between the Caliburn A2 and the G, which you’ll want to be aware of before buying one. Here’s a closer look at the A2 so you can see for yourself:
- Price: $34.99 (device kit)
- E-liquid capacity: 1.8 ml
- Compatible with: Caliburn A2 cartridges
- Refillability: Refillable from top
- Activation type: Button or draw activated
- Battery capacity: 520 mAh
- Charging port type: USB-C
- Charge Length: Charges to 90% in approx. 35 minutes
- Size: 110.1mm x 21.3mm x 11.7mm
- Weight: 33g
Right away, you’ll notice that the Caliburn A2 is significantly lighter than the G, despite being nearly the same dimensions. The battery capacity is slightly smaller, but not so much that you’ll notice much of a difference—and it doesn’t take as long to charge, either. Sadly, you can’t adjust the airflow on the A2—but sacrifices had to be made somewhere.
Where the Caliburn A2 really shines, however, is its reliability. Specific design changes (including a safety mechanism) make the A2 less prone to firing accidentally or leaking than its predecessor, making it safer and easier to travel with.
Caliburn A2 Pros:
- Less likely to leak or fire accidentally
- Shorter charge time
Caliburn A2 Cons:
- Slightly lower output (15W)
- Slightly smaller battery
- Not airflow adjustable
- Lack of supplied charging cable
Explore Caliburn G & A2
Original price $34.99 - Original price $34.99Original price$34.99$34.99 - $34.99Current price $34.99Low stock
Description Specifications This Kit Includes The UWell Caliburn A2 Pod Vape Device Kit is a new and improved version of the Caliburn Series! Th...View full detailsOriginal price $34.99 - Original price $34.99Original price$34.99$34.99 - $34.99Current price $34.99
Final Thoughts on the UWell Caliburn G vs. the Caliburn A2
Let’s be clear: both the Caliburn G and Caliburn A2 are solid starter devices for MTL vaping, (although the A2 also works nicely for a restricted DTL draw). Neither of these devices are likely to let you down—but when you factor in the slight edge to safety and portability that the Caliburn A2 offers, it comes out ever-so-slightly on top. It’s also the less expensive of these two devices, which is worth taking into account.
Have more questions about choosing a pod system for your needs? We’re always happy to help. Reach out to us at your convenience and speak with someone on our team who will be happy to help you find the ideal device and accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions about the UWell Caliburn G & Caliburn A2
Can I adjust the airflow on both devices?
No. Only the Caliburn G offers adjustable airflow; the Caliburn A2 does not have this feature.
How can I prevent my Caliburn G or A2 from leaking?
- Ensure that the pod is properly seated and secured in the device.
- Avoid overfilling the e-liquid above the maximum fill line.
- Store the device upright when not in use.
- Use e-liquids with a suitable viscosity, typically a 50/50 VG/PG ratio.
- Replace the pod if you notice any damage or consistent leaking issues.
How can I prevent the Caliburn G or A2 from accidentally firing?
- Lock your device when not in use. On both the Caliburn G and Caliburn A2, you can do this by clicking the fire button five times rapidly.
- Store your device in a place where the button is unlikely to be pressed unintentionally, like a protective case.
- Consider turning off your device completely when it's not in use, or when carrying it in a pocket or bag.
- Regularly check your device for any debris or e-liquid residue on the button that might cause sticking or auto-firing.
Are the pods for the Caliburn G and Caliburn A2 cross-compatible?
No, the pods for the Caliburn G and Caliburn A2 are not cross-compatible. Each device uses specific cartridges, so please ensure you are using the correct type of pod for your device.