The SMOK Nord 50W device offers several exciting new features while keeping the core of what longtime users loved about the company’s previous pod systems. But whether you’re meeting the SMOK Nord series for the first time with this device or simply looking at the newest model in a line you’ve loved for ages, you’ll likely have some questions about it—how it looks, how it works, and what to do if you’re having trouble with it.
Fortunately, we’ve been selling SMOK vape systems for years, and we know practically everything there is to know about the Nord series—including this new device. Read on to have your questions about this product answered so you can decide whether it’s right for you.
What Comes in the SMOK Nord 50W Kit?
The SMOK Nord 50W Device Kit includes the following items:
- 1 x Nord 50W Device (1800mAh)
- 1 x Nord 50W LP2 Pod (LP2 Meshed 0.23Ω DL Coil Preinstalled) (4ml)
- 1 x Nord 50W Nord Pod (Nord Regular DC 0.6Ω Coil Preinstalled) (4.5ml)
- 1 x Type-C Cable
- 1 x User Manual
What New Features Does the Nord 50W Have?
The SMOK Nord 50W has a few useful features not found on previous SMOK Nord devices:
- Additional airflow adjustment controls (one intake on each side of the device)
- LP2 pods with meshed coils (in addition to Nord pods compatible with Nord coil series)
- Anti-leak technology for LP2 coils
- 8-second cutoff to prevent accidental burning of coils
How Does the Nord 50W Compare to Previous Nord Series Devices?
Here’s how the Nord 50W stacks up against two of SMOK’s other popular devices: the Nord 4 and the Nord Pro.
SMOK Nord 50W
- Size (mm): 97 x 31 x 22.6
- Weight (g): 95
- Maximum Output (W): 50
- Battery (mAh): 1800
- Pod Volume (mL): 4-4.5
SMOK Nord 4
- Size (mm): 104.9 x 33.7 x 24.4
- Weight (g): 115
- Maximum Output (W): 80
- Battery (mAh): 2000
- Pod Volume (mL): 4.5
SMOK Nord 2
- Size (mm): 95 x 30.5 x 20
- Weight (g): 79
- Maximum Output (W): 40
- Battery (mAh): 1500
- Battery (mAh): 1500<
What Colours Does the Nord 50W Come In?
The SMOK Nord 50W comes in 15 colours: 11 for the regular series and 4 for the leather series:
Regular Series Colours:
- White Armor
- Black Armor
- Blue Grey Cobra
- Cyan Pink Cobra
- Silver Carbon Fiber
- Black Carbon Fiber
- Black Stabilizing Wood
- Fluid Black Grey
- Black Red Marbling
- Red Stabilizing Wood
- Fluid 7-Color
Leather Series Colours
How Long Will It Take to Charge My Nord 50W?
Can I Use a Different Charger to Charge My Nord 50W?
How Long Will the Battery Last in My Nord 50W?
How Do I Fill the Pods for My Nord 50W?
To fill either of the two pod types (Nord or LP2) compatible with the SMOK Nord 50W vape device, follow these instructions:
- Remove the pod from the device (if not already removed)
- Open the rubber plug on the side of the pod
- Insert the nozzle of your refill container into the pod and carefully fill with e-liquid
- Replace the rubber plug and push the pod back into the device
How Do I Adjust the Wattage on My Nord 50W?
Clicking the power button on the side of the device 3 times locks or unlocks the controls on the SMOK Nord 50W so that wattage can be adjusted. When the device is unlocked, tap the fire button to adjust the wattage of the device from 5–50W, or hold down the button to cycle up. The output will circle back to 5W once you pass 50W.
What If My Nord 50W Doesn’t Fire Properly?
If your Nord 50W device is not firing properly, double-check to make sure it is unlocked and sufficiently charged. To make sure your device is unlocked, press the fire button 3 times. To ensure your device has properly charged, connect it to power and wait for the LED light to turn off (this indicates that the battery is full).
What Anti-Leaking Technology Does the SMOK Nord 50W Have?
The SMOK Nord 50W device contains the following features designed to minimize leakage:
- Each LP2 pod for the Nord 50W device is designed with 3 silicone seals to prevent e-liquid from accidentally spilling out during use.
- All SMOK Nord 50W pods come with safety tabs that click in automatically when the pods are inserted. However, these tabs must be released before the pod will come out—reducing the likelihood of a pod coming loose by itself.
- The SMOK Nord 50W also comes with an 8-second cut-off feature. This prevents users from accidentally firing for long periods when the device is stored in a pocket or purse, and also reduces the risk of burning coils.
Note: your SMOK Nord 50W device may still leak if you have not fully inserted your pod before use, if you have overfilled your pod, or if the device has been physically damaged. To avoid leaks, take good care of your pod system and only use it according to the supplied instructions.
Why Does My Nord 50W Taste Weird?
If you notice a burnt taste while using your Nord 50W device, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Underfilled Device: Not using enough e-liquid in your Nord 50W may prevent the wick from being fully saturated, affecting the flavour your device produces.
- Worn-Out Coil: Change the coil in your Nord 50W device every 2–4 weeks to ensure the flavour remains fresh.
- Wrong Wattage: Always check the recommended wattage for your coils (visible on the side) before use, and stay well within the suggested range. This helps preserve the flavour of your coil and prevents premature burnout.
- Avoid chain-vaping: Taking numerous draws, one after the other, may not allow your wick to become properly saturated between them. For best results, allow 15–30 seconds between draws to ensure the wick is saturated with enough e-liquid.