Summary of Key Points:
- The SMOK Nord Pro came out after the Nord 50W—and while it looks similar at a glance, it offers a much more straightforward vaping experience.
- The Nord Pro has an 1100mAh battery, a maximum output of 25W, and is button- or draw-activated. It is also screenless, and allows the user to adjust airflow by rotating the refillable 3.3ml pod.
- The Nord Pro can be charged in just 40 minutes, thanks to the supplied USB-C charging cable. Only use the cable that comes with your device when charging.
- Avoid drawing too hard or overfilling the Nord Pro to prevent leaking, and help your coils last longer by priming them before use.
The SMOK Nord Pro comes highly recommended by many of our users, thanks to its relatively long battery life and ability to produce generous clouds of vapour. But if you’ve recently purchased a Nord Pro (or if you’re still on the fence about buying one), you’ve probably got some questions about how to make the most of this premium pod system. Don’t worry; that’s why we’re here! Our team at U Vape Is here to answer the most popular questions about the SMOK Nord Pro so that you can decide whether this vape is right for you and get the best possible experience next time you use one. Let’s fire up the answers!
What Comes In the SMOK Nord Pro Device Kit?
- 1 x Nord Pro Pod System
- 1 x Nord Pro Replacement Pod
- 1 x 0.6 ohm DL Coil
- 1 x 0.9 ohm MTL Coil
- 1 x Type-C Charging Cable
- 1 x User Manual
What Notable Features Does the SMOK Nord Pro Have?
The Nord Pro comes with a few features that set it apart from competitors and other devices in the Nord series.
- An integrated 1100 mAh rechargeable battery USB-C fast charging
- Can be activated via draw or fire button
- Rotatable pods with different-sized air inlets for airflow control
- Compatibility with SMOK
- Nord Pro replacement pods
- Compatibility with SMOK
- Nord Replacement Coil series
- Can be filled from the side
How Does the SMOK Nord Pro Compare to the Nord 50W?
The SMOK Nord Pro came out after the Nord 50W, but while these devices are similar in a few ways, they also have some big differences. We’ve broken the most important of these down below:
- USB-C charging
- LED battery life indicator light
- Similar shape and appearance
|Nord Pro||Nord 50W|
|Screen||Screenless||0.96” TFT colour screen|
|Airflow||Adjust airflow by rotating pod||Adjust airflow with control wheel|
|Output||Maximum output of 25W||Maximum output of 80W|
|Pod Capacity||3.3ml pod capacity||5ml pod capacity|
|Coils||SMOK Nord and Nord Pro coil series||SMOK Nord and SMOK LP2 coil series (depending on pod)|
|Battery||1100 mAh||1800 mAh|
|Firing Method||Button- or draw-fired||Draw-fired|
What Colours Does the SMOK Nord Pro Come In?
The SMOK Nord Pro is available in:
The Prism Series:
- Rasta Green Armor
- Green Blue Armor
- Silver Red Armor
- 7-Color Armor
- Silver Black Armor
The Regular IML Series:
- Black Armor
- White Armor
- Fluid 7-Color
- Fluid Black-Grey
- Red Stabilizing Wood
How Long Will It Take to Charge My SMOK Nord Pro?
The USB-C cable that comes with this device makes charging quick and easy. Some users report being able to charge the SMOK Nord Pro in just ~40 minutes.
Can I Use a Different Charger to Charge My SMOK Nord Pro?
We strongly recommend that you only use the charger supplied with your device to charge the battery. The SMOK Nord Pro is designed to work with the USB-C cable included in your kit, and may become damaged if you attempt to charge it faster by using a higher-voltage charger.
How Long Does a Full Battery Last on the SMOK Nord Pro?
Since the SMOK Nord Pro has a maximum power output of 25W, it takes longer to drain its 1100mAh battery than you might expect. Users have reported being able to vape moderately for up to two days using the 0.9Ω coil, and for up to a day and a half with the 0.6Ω coil (both included with the device).
Can I Adjust the Wattage on My SMOK Nord Pro?
The SMOK Nord Pro is a fixed wattage device, so there are no built-in controls for changing the power output. However, you can adjust its output by using coils that have different levels of resistance. Higher resistance coils allow less current to flow through when using the device. This allows the battery to last longer (although you’ll get more flavour and larger vape clouds using lower-resistance coils).
How Does the LED Indicator on the Nord Pro Work?
The LED indicator light on the Nord Pro can give you important information about the battery level. Press it twice to check the status.
- Green light: 70% charge or more
- Orange light: 30 to 70% charge
- Red light: 30% charge or less
How Long Will My Coils & Pods Last?
The pods in the Nord Pro are refillable. Once you fill the pod in your Nord Pro with e-liquid, you should expect to be able to go for about five days before needing to fill it again. The coils should last anywhere from three to five days, depending on the frequency and intensity of your usage.
What E-Liquid Should I Use with My Nord Pro?
Different e-liquids will work best with the Nord Pro depending on the coil you’re using. The supplied 0.6Ω coil works well with shortfall e-liquids that are at least 60% VG, with a nicotine strength of 0–6 mg. The 0.9Ω coil is better for salt-nic e-liquids with an equal VG/PG ratio and a nicotine strength of 5–20 mg.
What If My Nord Pro Leaks?
The Nord Pro is a well-designed device that shouldn’t leak—but using it improperly can result in e-liquid collecting around the sides of the pod. Make sure to avoid:
- Drawing too hard. Inhaling too intensely from the Nord Pro can cause e-liquid to come up through the mouthpiece before it has a chance to vapourize properly.
- Overfilling the pod. If you notice your Nord Pro leaking, try filling it up less. Filling the pod up to only 80% should eliminate the risk of overfilling.
- Using the wrong e-liquid. Make sure to use e-liquid that is appropriate for the coil in your pod (see above), and avoid e-liquids that are heavily saturated with sugar—these can result in rapid buildup of coil gunk, ruining the taste of your device.
How Should I Prime the Coil in My Nord Pro?
Priming the coil in your device prevents accidental burning during use and makes it last longer. After filling the pod and installing your coil, simply wait for 5-10 minutes to ensure the wick is properly saturated with e-liquid.
What If My SMOK Nord Pro Coils Burn Out Too Fast?
The coils in your SMOK Nord Pro can burn out prematurely from:
- Failing to prime the coils. Coils burn out early if you don’t give the e-liquid time to soak the wick (see above).
- Too-sweet e-liquid. The burnt sugar produced by these e-liquids congeals into coil gunk, which compromises the taste and efficiency of the device.
- Chain vaping. Wait at least five seconds between hits and keep your draws short to avoid overheating your coils and burning them out too soon.