- The Utillian 620 is a convection-oven electric portable vaporizer that offers superior performance compared to many other vapes in its price range.
- This device’s key features include a 2300 mAh battery, a glass stem/mouthpiece, a 0.2g herb chamber, a digital LCD display for precise temperature control, and a unique helical design for the airpath.
- The battery lasts approximately 60 minutes and requires around 3 hours to charge using a micro-USB.
- This vaporizer has a magnetic stir tool and other magnetic attachments, which offers a particularly user-friendly experience.
- Overall, the Utillian 620 provides consistent vapor quality, fast heating times, and is highly recommended—especially for medical or heavy users.
Utillian 620 Dry Herb Vape Review
As a medical cannabis user - thanks to three separate spinal injuries and a bunch of arthritis to go along with them - I’ve had my fair share of dry herb portable vapes. My portable collection has included the Pax, Pax 2.0, Pinnacle Pro, Davinci IQ, the Grasshopper Titanium, and around a dozen Dynavaps.
I medicate several times throughout the day depending on how my pain is treating me. When assessing a device, I take that point of view: is this device something that a regular or daily user will see value from?
My experience with the 620 has been excellent. Exceptional, even. It is affordable while providing a suite of premium features and smart design choices that normally come in devices twice or thrice the price. And it’s proven to be robust and reliable - the true sign of a quality vape.
Frankly, the 620 comes as a breath of fresh air (cough) in an increasingly crowded segment. Plenty of vapes have great form factors and quick heating times, but few are able to be as good after 100 sessions as they were on the first. The 620 is one such vape.
What makes the Utillian 620 such a good portable vaporizer? Let’s find out!
Utillian 620 TL/DR Version
- What is the Utillian 620? The Utillian 620 is a convection-oven electric portable vaporizer. It features a 2300 mAh battery, a glass stem/mouthpiece, a 0.2g herb chamber, precise temperature control (via the digital LCD display), a unique helical design for the airpath, and numerous built-in quality of life features (such as a magnetic stir tool).
- Is the Utillian 620 worth its price? The $150 - $250 price range offers plenty of good vapes for the money. The Utillian 620 is priced at $180 Canadian dollars (or roughly $140 USD) and outperforms just about any vape comparably priced. It’s a good value.
- How is the Utillian 620 battery life? The battery lasts for 60-minutes and is good for 5 or 6 sessions before requiring a recharge. The integrated 2300 mAh battery takes approximately 3 hours to charge from empty using the included micro-USB cable.
- What is our take on the Utillian 620? The Utillian 620’s vapour quality is second to none at this price range, and that’s just the icing on the cake. The 0.2g chamber and unique helix-convection oven make it a great daily-use vape. It’s easy to clean and largely self-contained. Best of all, all attachments are magnetic and snap-to exactly where they need to be. Ideal for medical users, daily users, or people that want a good all-in-one portable vape.
What's in the box?
Utillian 620 Specifications
- Battery type & size: 2300 mAh integrated
- Battery life: Estimated 60-minutes
- Oven type: Convection
- Temperature Range: 160°C – 220°C (320°F - 428°F)
- Materials: Anodized aluminum shell, glass stem/mouthpiece, ceramic heating chamber
- Dimensions: Height: 4” / 10.16 cm (mouthpiece tip to base), Width: 1.75” / 4.44 cm, Depth: 1" / 2.54 cm Depth:
- Key features: Helix-convection oven, integrated magnetic stir stick, glass mouthpiece
Utillian 620 First Impressions
Let it be known that glass mouthpieces are the best mouthpieces for a portable. I can appreciate that many vapes use metal or plastic mouthpieces for cost or design reasons, but glass is the way to go for max draw quality. It holds the flavour better and is nice to the touch. I was happy to see that Utillian wisely kept the glass mouthpiece on the 620.
The mouthpiece section is attached magnetically and easily removable. The use of magnets as attachments is clever, as both the mouthpiece and magnetic stir stool snap into their respective positions and stay firmly seated (but are easy to remove). If you’re someone with nerve damage or RSI’s in your hands/wrists, you’ll appreciate the choice of magnet vs. screw-down or snap-in attachments.
The LCD display is bright and easy to see. It responds quickly to inputs from its three buttons and has a wide viewing angle.
The buttons themselves are tight and responsive when manipulated. The 421’s buttons were fine but had tangible wiggle room, whereas the 620’s button design and operation are both much more refined.
Using the Utillian 620 Vaporizer
- To turn the Utillian 620 on, quickly press the top button five times. It will automatically start heating to its last set temperature (it comes from the factory set to 160°C / 320°F).
- To change the temperature settings, first turn the vape on and then press the middle/bottom buttons to adjust the temperature up or down. Holding the middle/bottom button will cause the display to move in 5°C increments.
- To turn the Utillian 620 off, quickly press the top button five times.
Note that the Utillian 620 cannot be used while it is plugged in and charging (disappointingly).
Thoughts On Using The Utillian 421 After 8 Weeks Of Daily Use
- The magnetic stir stick and removable mouthpiece are more than just gimmicks. Both are very convenient and intuitive to use.
- With a full battery, it takes the Utillian 620 about 21 seconds to reach 160°C / 356°F, which is excellent performance and reflective of its price. It hits 205°C / 401°F injust under 32 seconds.
- Vapor quality is the 620’s strong suit, with the vapor just as good today as it was early late when I first started it.
- Cleaning the 620 is easy:
- Use the integrated stir stick to pop out the heating chamber’s steel helix base
- Use the supplied brushes and give everything a good scrub
- Soak the brush in a bit of ISO to clean the inside of the mouthpiece and heating chamber
- Soak the metal screen in ISO for 5-10 minutes and rinse clean
- Make sure everything is dry before powering it back on
- The 620 has approximately 1 hour of battery life, which is good for 5 - 7 sessions (depending on the temperature you run it at and the length of the configurable auto-shutoff timer)
The Utillian 620 is a quality vape. I like how quickly it reaches temperature, the consistency of vapor quality, and the use of magnetic attachments. As someone with nerve damage in my arms and hands, it’s a nice touch that makes the device more accessible.
I also like the integrated stir stick, precise temperature control settings, and battery life. The 620 makes the cut as an “all-day vape” as long as you aren’t planning on more than 5 hot sessions before charging.
Utillian touts the helix convection as “revolutionary”, and I honestly have no idea how I’d assess that. However, marketing claims aside, the consistency in draw and flavor speaks to the thought Utillian put into the heating chamber and vapor pathway. If that’s because of the helix, then hell yea!
All in all, the Utillian 620 hits hard and plays all day. It’s a great vape for the money and one that will serve you well, even if you’re a medical or heavy user. Recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Utillian 620's glass mouthpiece replaceable?
Yes, the glass mouthpiece on the Utillian 620 is replaceable—so you can always buy a new one if the one supplied with your device breaks!
Does the Utillian 620 come with a warranty?
Every product we sell at U Vape (including the Utillian 620) comes with our 30-day No Hassle Satisfaction Guarantee. For up to 30 days from the date of your purchase, you can exchange your device for a new one or receive a full in-store or online credit. Physical damages to products void all warranties, express or implied.
Can I use the Utillian 620 while it's charging?
No, the Utillian 620 cannot be used while it's plugged in and charging.
How do I maintain my Utillian 620?
Regular cleaning helps maximize the performance of your Utillian 620. Follow these steps:
- Use the integrated stir stick to pop out the heating chamber's steel helix base.
- Use the supplied brushes to scrub your device’s components.
- Soaking the brush in a bit of isopropyl alcohol can help you clean the inside of the mouthpiece and heating chamber.
- Soak the metal screen in isopropyl alcohol for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it.
- Always ensure all parts are completely dry before powering the device back on.
- Periodically checking the battery health and storing the device in cool, dry places can also contribute to its longevity.